- What are the Digifact family of microphones?
The Digifact family of microphones are networked audio monitoring and streaming devices which stream audio over several industry standard RTP protocols. The Digifact family of microphones can run audio analytic applications to detect certain sounds such as gunshots, human aggression, car alarms and breaking glass.
- Are the Digifact microphones for indoor or outdoor use?
The Digifact A microphone is recommended for indoor use, the soon to be released Digifact E microphone is rated for outdoor conditions.
- How is the Digifact microphone powered?
A Female Rj45 jack is located on the rear of the unit for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX PoE connection using CAT5/6 cable, additionally, there is a 2-pin header to power the microphone with an external 5VDC 2A power supply.
- What are the bandwidth requirements of the device?
The bandwidth utilization and throughput of the Digifact devices are dependent on several factors, the speed and capabilities of the network it is connected to and the streaming protocol selected are just a few of the factors. In general, the Digifact devices are low bandwidth resource utilization devices typically 100 Mbps or less.
- I have connected the Digifact device to my network, how do I discover it?
The Digifact microphone uses Bonjour to discover the devices on a network, for a detailed description of procedure and commands on how to discover a device please refer to the quick start guide.
- When I run the power shell command “dns-sd -B _simic._tcp”; I get an error indicating “the dns command is not a recognized commandlet”?
As the Digifact device uses Apple Bonjour to discover the devices on a network; Bonjour print service needs to be installed on the PC from where the command is being executed, Bonjour can be downloaded from:
- How are audio analytic applications installed on a Digifact device?
Audio analytics can be purchased from authorized Louroe distributors. From the device live view menu clicking on “Add Audio Analytics License” button will bring up a page with the serial number of the device, this serial number must be supplied to Louroe Electronics to generate a license key for your device.
- How many audio analytic applications can be run concurrently on one device?
The Digifact devices can run all four audio analytic applications concurrently.
- How is the live stream monitored?
The Digifact device streams audio over several industry standard RTSP protocols. The audio stream can be monitored by pairing the device to a suitable third-party monitoring software such as Video Management systems (VMS) for a complete list of compatible third-party monitoring software please contact a Louroe representative.
- How are the audio analytic notifications monitored?
The Digifact device can notify of an analytic event two ways a) a text notification over a TCP serial port b) activation of one or more of FOUR alarm outputs for an in-depth evaluation of integrating the device into your environment please contact a Louroe representative.
- What are the streaming formats supported by the Digifact devices?
Live audio can be retrieved via HTTP and RTP, the supported formats are; wav, G.711 a-law/mu-law, G726, MPEG, and AAC.
- My Digifact microphone is picking up a lot of ambient noise, how do I get rid of it?
The higher quality the microphone, the more sensitive it will be. To alleviate background noise the microphone should be located in an area where it is not susceptible to sources of background noise such as wind, air vents, fluorescent light ballast etc. The gain of the microphone can also be adjusted from the device’s webpage.
- I do not have or intend to use a Video management system, how can I still use the device?
The Digifact microphone has the capability of streaming audio to any entity that accepts an RTSP stream, there are open source solutions available that can be configured to retrieve the audio feed and store it. Additionally, live audio can be monitored by accessing the device’s webpage.
- Can I use the device as a full duplex, talk back device?
- Are the Digifact devices Onvif complaint?
The devices are currently not Onvif complaint. The RTSP stream follows the Onvif streaming specifications however some Onvif extensions are not implemented. For a detailed description of the device streaming protocol please refer to the API documentation.