- How do I order Louroe Electronics products?
Louroe sells products through a network of dealers and distributors. Orders are placed by faxing an authorized purchase order to (818) 994-6458 or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For details of ordering please see Section 1 of the Agreement of Terms and From Authorized Reseller Conditions of Sale.
- Choosing between analog or digital for a deploymentAnalog or IP? This is one of the most basic considerations when choosing an audio solution. When it comes to security technologies, there is often the common misconception that digital is always better than analog, but each has its own merits depending on the deployment’s needs.<br />Analog devices, like the VeriFact A (link to it’s product page), are often seen as a more traditional and cost-effective option while IP microphones, like the DigiFact 880 (LInk to its product page), are newer to the marketplace and show great potential across a variety of use cases.<br />So which type of microphone should you deploy? This article breaks down the difference between the two.
- How do the authorized resellers pay for my order?
For domestic orders, numerous payment options are available including open credit upon approval, credit card, bank transfer, and bank checks. For international orders, we may require letters of credit, bank wire transfer, credit cards, or prepayment. For information on how to obtain credit with Louroe Electronics please see Section 5 of the Agreement of Terms and Conditions of Sale or contact us at email@example.com.
- What are shipping and delivery terms?
All purchases are built to order and ship 3-5 days after the purchase order is acknowledged. All orders are shipped FOB Van Nuys, CA USA. Customers can provide a shipping account number with a major shipping company or Louroe will include the cost of freight on the invoice. Delivery and shipping terms can be found in Section 3 of the Agreement of Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Are Louroe Electronics products under warranty?
Louroe Electronics products are serialized for accurate tractability and have a two-year warranty from the original date of shipment. Warranty details are in Section 7 of the Agreement of Terms and Conditions of Sale. We find that less than 1% of products under warranty are defective. They usually are non-operable as a result of mishandling or miss-integration. Please check our installation/operation instructions sheets.
- How do I return my Louroe Electronics product for repair or replacement?
Should a product need to be returned for repair or replacement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 818-994-6498. We will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization number to facilitate the return and repair or replacement of your item. For additional details see Sections 8 and 9 of the Agreement of Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Does the camera power the microphone?
In the case of our Mic Level Microphones, the IP camera supplying 1.8-4.5V will power the mic as well as provide the audio input signal.
- What type of wire is required (How do I find out what wire I need?)
For the best audio quality, a shielded cable is recommended. Most one-way audio applications require a 2-conductor shielded cable, 22 gauge with a 24 gauge drain wire. Most two-way audio applications require 2-conductor shielded, 20 gauge with a 22 gauge drain and 1 conductor unshielded, 20 gauge all in the same jacket. Unshielded cables such as CAT 5 and CAT 6 are not satisfactory for audio systems.
- How sensitive is the microphone?
Normal Sensitivity = (0 dB @ 1,000W)
Low Sensitivity = (-6 dB @ 1,000W)
Line Level mics connected via audio adapters can increase up to 10dB.
- Do your products save the audio recording?
Our products DO NOT have storage capabilities. You can connect them to storage devices via audio input.
- How many audio inputs do I need?
An audio input is needed for each microphone connected. Multiple mics connected to one input will cause poor quality. Audio mixing can be done with an RN-2 or MLA-4.
- Can I listen remotely?
When connecting our products to an IP-based solution, audio can be listened to remotely.
- How do I power the mic? Ex: Power supply, PoE. Computer
Our microphones use external power supplies, camera power, PC, & PoE to supply voltage to our products depending on what microphone category is being used (line, mic, digital level).
- Can I power the mic using PoE?
Digifact microphones have an RJ45 to connect directly to PoE for power. Other mics such as Line Level can be connected to IF-PX which can provide voltage via PoE.
- How many microphones do I need to cover “X” amount of area?
- How does the audio get sent through my Video System?
Microphones can be connected to a storage system via a base station, audio adapter, or connected directly to the audio input. When connecting audio to an IP-based camera audio, the signal will stream with video via the camera’s connection to PoE when the mic is connected to the audio input of the camera.
- How can I talk down with my speaker/Mic?
Typically, the workstation has an internal mic that once the audio is enabled and the camera is selected, the operator can talk down to whoever is within hearing distance.
- What else do I need to complete my audio solution?
When purchasing an Audio Monitoring Kit Louroe Electronics provides a microphone, base station or audio interface, power supply, and patch cables. The only additional parts needed would be a shielded cable.
- What if my DVR/NVR doesn’t have an audio input?
If the audio solution doesn’t need recording and only needs live audio we have audio kits that don’t need to connect to DVR/NVR. Our microphones need to connect to an audio input for recording purposes. Can use a PC or camera audio in if DVR/NVR does not have input.
- What if my Camera doesn’t have an audio input?
If the audio solution does not require recording and only needs live audio, we have audio kits that do not need to connect to cameras. Our microphones can be connected to storage devices such as a DVR or NVR if the camera does not have an audio input.
- What if I don’t want to record audio and just listen live?
If there is not a need for recording and only live audio is needed, Louroe has audio kits that do not need to connect to cameras. Louroe offers base stations with built-in speakers for live audio.
- How do I know if my camera accepts Audio?
Check the Manufacturer’s Datasheet on the specific model camera selected, which will list the type of audio that their camera will accept.
- Can I use a Central Power Supply if I am installing multiple microphones?
Yes, you can use a Central Power Supply, but be sure to budget 100mA (500mA) per microphone.
- What is the cable distance from microphone to camera (Mic Level)?
The recommended distance for Mic Level Mics is 20’ and all Mic Level microphones come with a 20’ 3.5mm stereo cable. For Line Level, there is 1000’ distance restriction.
- How do I find out if my IP camera is Line or Mic Level?
The datasheet of the IP Camera Data Sheet will identify audio input.
- What is the optimal cable distance from a base station/interface to microphone?
The recommended distance is up to 1000’ from a base station or interface device.
- Where can I purchase Louroe Products Directly Online?
We do not sell directly through our website, but you can purchase our products both in-store and online through your local distributor. Select your state or region on the distributor map to find your closest location.
- How do I get a demo product for a Proof of Concept?
Contact the Rep.firm in your region for details on available demo equipment that may be available. If the requested products are not available, the firms are trained on the procurement process to secure demos.
- Product Availability Inquires
Distributors, Integrators, or End Users can contact the Rep firm covering their region to check on available Louroe inventory. The normal availability is three business days after the receipt of an acceptable purchase order.